Thursday, March 20, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes & White Chocolate Buttercream

I'm going to start by saying I don't like Peeps. They're just weird. But I will admit, they do make for a cute cupcake topper. And I'm pretty sure nobody's complaining about these cupcakes. I also decorated a few with Cadbury mini eggs.



You may be wondering why I only made half a cake mix last time, and where is the rest of it. This is just the other half of that chocolate cake mix with some semi-sweet chips added in.



Cake:
1/2 chocolate cake mix
1 egg
1.5 oz vegetable oil
4 oz milk
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Again, double for the whole cake mix (2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, 1 cup milk).
This made 12 cupcakes and I just baked according to the directions on the box.

Frosting:
3 oz white chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 cup milk
about 5 cups powdered sugar

Cream shortening and butter with vanilla. Add the melted chocolate and some powdered sugar. Mix in the milk and continue to add powdered sugar until you reach the desired consistency. I decide to color it green to contrast my Peeps. I used leaf green gel color.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment