Thursday, February 6, 2014

Strawberry Hello Kitty Cupcakes

My niece, Rosie, always expects cupcakes when I come visit. Last time I was there the first thing she said to me was "Where is the other Kacie?" referring of course to the bf, K.C. Next question, "Did you bring me cupcakes?" When I told her no she said, "I'm gonna go check in your car to make sure, k?" So needless to say I had to make that baby some cupcakes!

K.C. got me a really cool cake pan for Christmas and I wanted to try it out and I thought this would be the perfect chance.
Rosie asked for strawberry Hello Kitty cupcakes. So I made strawberry cakes and covered them with pink frosting using this trick for poured faux fondant.

 I also made cute little toppers from fondant.



These pictures are not the best, but I'm just glad I remembered to take pics at all! I usually forget until the cupcakes have all been eaten.
Cake:
1 box white cake mix
1/2 cup frozen strawberries & syrup
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (milk is okay)
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs

Frosting:
1 can Funfetti hot pink frosting

I usually make my own buttercream, but for the poured faux fondant look, you really need to use canned. They still tasted great.

Are they perfect? Not by a long shot, but Rosie loved them! Mission accomplished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment