Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Drunk Chocolate Covered Cherries

It's almost Valentine's Day, and whether you celebrate it or not you should make these. I got the idea from Kristan over at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.

I bought a few boxes of Queen Anne cherries and played around with the best method to fill them with amaretto. I determined that if you poke a hole in the top (where the liquid filling is most likely to be) and hollow it out a little you can suck the filling out with a syringe. It works best if the hole is the same size as the syringe tip, but be careful that you don't collapse the bottom of the cherry.


Then I filled my syringe with amaretto and went to work figuring out the best way to refill the cherries. It would be much easier with a syringe and needle but I was just using jello shot syringes (that I've only ever used for cupcakes!) so I ended up wasting quite a bit of amaretto when it dribbled down the sides of the cherries.

I let them sit overnight to dry so the melted chocolate wouldn't get that funky texture when it hit the amaretto. And also because I was tired :)

I melted a few chocolate candy melt wafers in a small bowl and just spooned a little chocolate over the holes. A couple of them I had to come back with a second coat, but they all seemed to seal up nicely. I wrapped them individually in little foil wraps I picked up at Hobby Lobby and put them in 1/4 lb candy boxes, also from Hobby Lobby.

Enjoy! If you decide to try this let me know how it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment