Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Biscoff Cupcakes

Have you tried this Biscoff spread I've been seeing everywhere? I've seen a lot of recipes on pinterest that call for it so I decided to get some. It's pretty tasty. I also got some of the Biscoff cookies, and they remind me of something but I can't figure out what...



So Biscoff cupcakes. You're probably going to want to buy two jars because you'll use pretty much all of one for these cupcakes and the frosting.



For the cupcakes:
1 box butter yellow cake mix
6 tbsp butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup Biscoff spread

Heat the butter and water in a microwave safe bowl until it bubbles. Stir in the Biscoff. Mix until smooth, heat for about 30 more seconds if needed. Now mix in the rest of the cake ingredients. Fill cupcake liners (no more than half full) and bake at 350 until golden brown. This batter was really thick so I got my liners a bit too full. Luckily the cupcakes fell in the center when I pulled them out of the oven, making the perfect cavity for the topping.

For the topping:
1/2 stick butter
2 tbsp milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Biscoff spread
powdered sugar

Melt the butter, milk, and brown sugar and stir well. Mix in the Biscoff then add powdered sugar until you reach a thick, but pourable consistency. Go slowly, it doesn't take much.

-Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment